Since the weather is warming up a little, and the sun is shining, I am beginning to feel like spring may actually be here. In honor of that, we are barbecuing tonight, and I am making the very best pasta salad in the world. 😉 The recipe is adjusted from an old Menus For Moms recipe, and I just have to share it because it is simply fantastic. This recipe makes a HUGE bowl and it is sufficient as a meal and perfect for big potlucks.
Chicken Grape Pasta Salad
- 5 cups chicken (about 3 breasts), cooked and cubed from freezer
- 2 cups grape halves
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 12-16 oz. pkg. spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 3 green onions, diced (optional- we use them)
Toss together in a bowl.
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (Plain white vinegar works too)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried chopped onion
- 2 tsp. lemon juice (Give or take a teaspoon)
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
Mix all ingredients in a sealable container and shake well. Pour over the salad and mix in.
I LOVE this salad, my kids LOVE this salad, and everyone who has eaten it with our family has loved it. It has a very unique blend of flavors which make it irresistible. Too hot to cook? You have to try it! At the very least, today it is making me feel more like SPRING.